Monday, March 7, 2011

What have we been up to?

We got a babysitter and went out with some friends one night! It was a fantastic night out, and the kids all had a great night at our house with the babysitter.

We went bowling a few weekends ago. It was a really fun time watching our scrawny boys throw heavy balls down the lane. It was also great due to the fact that I won!

Max came down with an illness Thursday during school. He came home Thursday afternoon feeling really crummy and just today (Monday) began to feel better. We spent all weekend laying around watching too many movies and taking lots of naps. He has had no appetite and it has been a struggle to get liquid in him...and stay in him. Thankfully, today he woke up and actually said he was hungry and wanted to eat. Now he is napping and will hopefully be better so he can go back to school tomorrow.

My dad came down for a quick visit last weekend. My mom was supposed to come also, but with Max being sick, and a surgery for herself scheduled for next week, she figured it best to stay away.

We found a fantastic recipe for brownies that we have made 6+ times in the last few weeks. Way too many brownies have been eaten by the 4 us of in the last few weeks, but man...they are just sooooo good!! I keep telling myself, with each batch I make, that this is going to be the batch in which I realize that I am tired of these brownies and will not make them for awhile. So far, though, that has not happened...

1 comment:

bp said...

Those brownies are too good to get tired of yet! Glad Max is feeling better.