Thanksgiving was great! We invited our entire family to come to our house and celebrate with us and thankfully people actually agreed to come! We had a huge feast and could not have asked for a better day.
Christmas came really fast again this year. Thankfully I was able to take several days off before Christmas so I could spend some extra time at home with the boys. We decided to stay home this year for Christmas. It was very quiet. We didn't want to do a lot of driving, cooking, preparing, etc.. We all woke up Christmas morning and we opened presents and drank coffee very leisurely. I threw a ham in the oven and did VERY little cooking to prepare a lunch. After lunch we did nothing. No joke. We sat/laid/wandered around, until bed time. We drank more coffee, fell asleep watching a movie, played some games, and ate way too much, but it was nice.
New Year's Eve was quiet also. RC and the boys had returned from a trip that afternoon so it was a night of laying low and hearing about what they had been up to the last week. I had asked the boys what kind of snacks they wanted for the night and Max promptly said, "pomegranates"! So, we spent the night snacking on a chicken (sure...that's a snack, right?), bread with oil/vinegar/herbs, layered taco dip and pomegranates. I was able to beat all the boys in Wii bowling (I'm really good!) and finally showed them that I am good at a video game. The boys stayed up until 9:00 and did not put up a fight what so ever when we asked them to get to bed (really...they rarely do fight us on this!). RC and I sat down to watch a movie and I quickly fell asleep, only to be awoken at 11:55 to watch the ball drop and then drag myself upstairs to my comfy bed. We are a pretty wild bunch here.
Our really long Thanksgiving table. (Kids table was off to the side. Yes, a kids table and my sisters and I were not sitting at it!!)
Hunting for our Christmas tree
Cutting down our Christmas tree
Tying our tree to the car
Setting our tree up in the house
Getting the tree set up straight in the stand
Trimming some excess branches off the bottom
Lights!
Handsome boys next to the tree before the school Christmas program
Maxwell as a reindeer after the program
St. Nicholas came to good boys who had their stockings out on the right night
We decorated Christmas cookies
Christmas morning! (There was a theme of Harry Potter Legos and Wii games...the boys could not have been happier with each of their gifts!)














No comments:
Post a Comment