Our Christina Faye got married!!!
Here is a very quick, very condensed version of our long weekend.
Wednesday night we loaded the car and made the voyage to Wisconsin. We got to my parents house late that night and jumped right into some semi last minute preparations for the wedding.
Thursday morning R.C., Carrie (sister) and I packed the car and drove further north to Chris' place. We spent the day doing prep work for the wedding and had a great night out with Chris, Brian (new brother-in-law!!) and another of the bridesmaids.
What happened next is never to be spoken of. What happened in that unfurnished apartment stays in that unfurnished apartment. Ha! Really, I've just always wanted to say something like that.
Friday R.C. brought coffee for his 3 fantastic sister-in-laws and we cleaned the apartment and got all the little things moved out. Chris handed over the keys to her apartment and and we helped move the last of her things into Brian's house...which is now THEIR house.
Mom, dad and the boys came Friday afternoon.
We had the rehearsal that evening and the rehearsal dinner followed.
Back to the hotel for some swimming and greeting of family and friends who were beginning to check in also.
Saturday morning I got up before R.C. and boys to go have hair and makeup done. It was then back to the hotel to squeeze into my dress and get everything, and everyone, over to the church for pictures.
Finally the ceremony! It went off without a hitch and was BEAUTIFUL!
More pictures after the ceremony then on to the reception.
Greeted family and friends during hors d'oeuvres and drinks.
Entered the grand ballroom for the meal which was delish!
R.C. took boys back to the room since they were tired and didn't want to dance. At which time R.C. decided to just take a little break before the reception really got into full swing...but ended up falling asleep and didn't make it back down for the rest of the night! Boo!!!
After the meal the band started and the dancing began. Oh did the dancing ever begin! It was up to Carrie and I to keep that party going and we sure tried, but it just didn't seem like a dancing crowd. We began dancing as soon as the band started and we didn't stop until the band was packing up to leave. Thanks to the groomsmen who stepped in to help us dance the night away since both John and R.C. were no where in sight. Again...boo!!
I'm not sure how we did it. There were 4 of us who vowed to dance to the end and gave pep talks to each other when our legs were ready to give out...but we did it! I feel it was a great accomplishment! My legs are still hurting though.
Sunday I got up bright and early to take the boys swimming. It was a short night for me, but they wanted to swim before we checked out so I couldn't let them down. R.C. went out to get coffee as I soaked my sore body in the pool and said good bye to some family and friends who were leaving early.
We cleaned up, packed the car, said our good byes and got on the road about 10:45 am and I still had had no coffee!
It was a great weekend!
As we were in the lobby saying goodbye and packing the car, a woman came out of the kitchen and asked if we were with the wedding party from last night. Apparently there was cake in the kitchen left over and she brought it out to us so it wasn't forgotten. We opened it right there and the boys, along with Grandpa and some uncles, began eating some and licking the frosting. Enjoy the leftovers Chris and Brian!
After a busy weekend these guys were worn out! Russell slept a good part of the way.
Max didn't sleep. He just read quietly and sang along to music.
I didn't get nearly enough pictures so I am hoping that some of you out there might have some to share....








2 comments:
Nice summary--nice pictures--nice time!
You looked fantastic! Any pictures of bride AND groom? (I like weddings. all weddings even my distant sister in law's sister!)
Glad it was good. Glad you could get there early to help out!
I expect the same dedication when I get married.
Post a Comment