Thursday, June 2, 2011

Where on earth have those Prairie State Saylers been hiding?!

We've been busy. Real busy.

School finished for the boys and they are both now attending "daycare". We are still trying to figure out a better word to use because they feel "daycare" is for babies.

R.C. is still working full time. He has been working diligently on his art also. It's great to see him making new things and even though the sewing machine has been sitting out on the dining room floor for days, and there are extension cords strewn about on the dining room floor also, and I am finding black fur in and on just about everything, it's nice to have "art mess" in the house. We delivered a piece to St. Louis a few weeks ago for a show R.C. is in. This weekend we are headed to Michigan to deliver another piece for a show in Detroit and at the end of the month R.C. will be going to NYC where he will be in ANOTHER show and also stay for a week and work for a woman who he has worked for in the past.

I have just been working. I don't have many side projects, but it seems that working and trying to keep the house semi clean is enough. I also helped plan, and execute, a wedding shower for my sister. Several weeks ago the boys and I (R.C. stayed home to work) headed to Wisconsin for the shower along with dozens of cupcakes. Not this weekend, but NEXT weekend, my sister is getting MARRIED!!!! Whoaoaoao!!! It's pretty exciting and we will take an extra long weekend to travel to Wisconsin again and celebrate!! I am still trying to find the perfect dancing shoes, and I have been practicing my dance moves in the kitchen while washing dishes...I'm hoping I can find a better partner to dance with at the wedding than the soggy sponge I hold in the kitchen.

R.C. also is coaching Russell's baseball team this summer. It was something that just kind of happened without us knowing that it was happening, but it is turning out for the best.

Throw in a weekend away for Shaner's college graduation, cub scouts, surprise visitors, planned visitors, mowing the lawn, and all the other stuff that just pops up, and our summer is, has been, and will be busy.

We have been able to sneak in a few nights spent with friends.

R.C. and I have not even been able to watch Pride and Prejudice yet this summer!!
Oh, you didn't know that was a tradition? I'll explain that one later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to see you back :) See you next weekend.

Nancy said...

Sounds like a fun start to summer in the Prairie State!

We want to know more about the "Pride & Prejudice" tradition - does it involve Colin Firth??