All but one thing. Yes, I know...day one and there is already a complaint?!?
You see, I found out that Russell's lunch break is at 10:30 am. What!? Does this seem strange to anyone else? He will only have been at school for 2 hours. His cereal and banana will not even be digested yet. He is going to be famished come 2:15! 10:30...do I pack brunch? Who wants to eat a turkey sandwich at 10:30? What about the kids who will be eating hot lunch from the cafeteria? I could not imagine if chili is on the menu. Chili at 10:30? Yuck! **lunch is actually at 10:50
Which makes me wonder...am I going to be a mother (and I know there is another mother in the class who would have my back) who complains about things and tries to get things changed at a school, or am I going to keep my mouth shut and only complain on this blog?
Apparently there is a "snack time" in the afternoon because the lunch hour is so early. All I have to say is there had better not be any "ho ho's" or "ding dongs" being passed out for afternoon snack or this mama is going to go through the roof!
(I feel I had not ranted in blog form in quite some time so I was due. How many followers have we lost now?!)
First day of school picture on the porch.
Maxwell paused for R.C. to take his picture as they dropped Russell off this morning.
**notations in red are made by R.C.


4 comments:
8:30-2:15? What kind of school is that? I want to come teach at your school!
I'm sure Russell will have a fantastic time and charm them all with his knowledge! :)
school isn't out until 3:00ish...
One handsome and one pretty silly "first day" picture. Good to capture the moment!
Amen, sistah!
Post a Comment