It came to my attention last week that we now have a new blog. It's pretty, isn't it?! R.C. worked to get a new one set up so we can keep track of our adventures in our new place.
I have had very little time/energy to blog lately. I have begun working full time and trying to adjust to being away from home all day long. Being away from home is no problem, but being away from the boys is tough! I spent the last 4 years and 9 months with the boys everyday. While at times I did complain about never having a break, it was the best 4 years and 9 months I could have asked for. I took it for granted, and only realized that in the last few weeks. I am also trying to adjust to the idea that the boys will be in public school this year. I thought this would not be a problem for me, and really it's not a problem, but it is very strange. Each night after the boys are tucked in bed I have a moment of "OK, now I need to get out the books and planners and plan the lessons for the coming week". I quickly remember that I don't have to do this and I have realized how much I loved homeschooling and miss it now.
Russell is so excited for school to start next week. He was fortunate enough to get into the class he wanted with a friend he has had since birth. I am sure that this will help with any worries that he may have with going to a new school. Seeing a familiar face will help with first day jitters!!
You saw in a video posted awhile ago that the boys are now bike riders. Max is still using training wheels, but it's only a matter of time before he gets them taken off. I think one of my favorite moments since being here, was the night that there were 6 kids in our driveway riding their bikes in circles together.
R.C. has been staying at home with the boys during the day and working when he can, at night. He is one awesome stay-at-home-dad!! I can't help but smile and giggle when I come home from working all day and R.C. has laundry on the clothesline and supper cooking. He really is great!!
Well, there is a quick update. More to come...and maybe even some pictures?
1 comment:
is he making `clean out the refrigerator` soup?
Post a Comment