It's been hot here. Really, really hot! Personally I have not had too much of a problem with it being so hot because I work in an air conditioned building all day. Some days I even wear a sweater.
While I am comfortable in the air conditioning, the rest of my family is sweating here at home. We have no AC, other than 2 very old window units, and they can only do so much. So, to beat the heat, the boys have found their new favorite activity...playing in the sprinkler! What kid doesn't love a good run through the sprinkler. As a kid, I (along with my sisters and some neighbors) would play in our sprinkler almost daily. After pulling some weeds in the garden, there was nothing better than jumping through the cold water. When we tired of running and jumping in the water we would fill up 5 gallon buckets with ice cold water from the hose and sit ourselves in the buckets until our legs were sore from dangling over the rim of the bucket. Although the boys have yet to experience sitting in buckets of water, they have finally found the joy in running through a sprinkler. Today, after work, I took the boys out to cool off, and I found myself running through the water like a little kid too. Somethings will never get old.
No comments:
Post a Comment