Sunday, November 7, 2010

Confession time:

Christmas music is playing. There, I said it. This isn't the first time in the last week that we have listened to it either.

It was back in September when we were in Target that I spotted the first of the Christmas items out for sale. I pointed them out to R.C. and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "pick something to care about that will make a difference" and he casually walked away.

He's right.

Listening to Christmas music will not really harm anyone, and me complaining about it is not helping anyone. If I buy a Christmas gift for someone before Thanksgiving I will not be struck dead. I am still just as thankful as I was any other year, it's just that this year I am trying to be more laid back, and I will find something to care about that will actually make a difference.

I am not going all Christmas music all the time yet. That will wait until after Thanksgiving, but I'm not screaming and covering my ears if the boys want to listen to a bit of it now.

Here's a little update on the Max front:

He loves preschool!!! When I take him in the mornings now, and I walk him to his classroom, he happily runs off to play with the other kids and runs back to give a hug before I leave, along with a wave and a smile! What a relief!

This is a 3rd day of school picture. We were too sad on the 1st day to smile for a picture, but that has all changed.
You already saw the awesome video R.C. put together of our Halloween fun, but here is a picture of the group:
It was really great to see "Luke and Leia" walk to school together all dressed in their costumes. Take a look at Leia's buns! Are they not awesome!!! Vader's box on his chest lit up, and was very helpful as we walked home from trick or treating in the dark. And what is there to say about "blue princess"...she is just too darn cute!!

1 comment:

bp said...

What a cute crew! I knew Max would do OK.