Well, here we are again with more changes taking place in our little household. Good changes, but changes that need to get used to none the less.
Last week R.C. began working full time. This is awesome! He enjoys what he is doing (carpentry work) and likes the 2 men he works with. It's an all around good thing! But, due to this full time work coming into the picture, that means Maxwell needed to start pre-school. Sigh. (I sigh because he is already past pre-school. We were working on Kindergarten last year. But this is great for his social skills. Yes I know that people.)
Today was Max's first day of school. Who was more nervous about this event? Max or me? I think we tied. It's always hard for me to send a kid off to school, daycare, anywhere. I hate to say it, but especially Max. He is shy. Very shy. Just like I was as a kid (and still am at times now days....). I can understand what he is thinking when I leave him in the care of strangers in a big room where he knows no one. Sure all kids do it at some point, but for a really shy kid, it sucks! (sorry...that's the only way to describe it.) I'm not sure who cried more (he or I) or who hugged tighter (Max, Russell or I), but when Russell and I walked out of Max's classroom this morning, en route to drop Russell off at school, I could hear that Max was already calming down and I realized that he was going to make it.
And make it he did! He made a friend, took a nap (What!! Why wouldn't he do this all the years I had been home with him!?), did some art projects and loads of other fun things. Tomorrow should be easier and the day after that easier...and on and on it goes.
It's crazy how many things there are to get used to with 2 people working in the house. (Yes, I know....waaaa...every family goes through this. Suck it up!) Laundry piles higher than it has before, meals are not as great as before, and we are all tucked in bed shortly after 9:00pm. We are all up well before the sun and are no longer able to enjoy that evening cup of coffee because we can't risk having a bad nights sleep and being tired the next day.
We are very adaptable people, and soon this will all feel normal, but right now...Yikes! We're working on adjusting.
And finally...a picture, just because I am missing the smell of the salty sea air, and going to the beach on cold days when no one else was there.
1 comment:
Way to go Max!! I thought of you all day. It was fun to see you all.
Post a Comment