Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today is a day unlike any other.

Why?

R.C. is at work. Russell is at school. Max is at school. I am at home.

I am home, all day long, alone!! Whoa!!

This is a very new thing for me. A day off work while everyone else is in school or at work. It's weird. Very weird. For a few minutes after dropping Max off at school I thought, "what do I do now?"

I quickly realized that there was much to be done, but I had loads of time to do it. First thing was first. I poured myself another cup of coffee, grabbed my book, and sat on the porch reading for 1 hour. ONE HOUR!!! Uninterrupted!! Not feeling guilty that I should be entertaining a child. After reading I began cleaning. Sounds like no fun, huh? Well, you are wrong! I turned some music on as loud as I wanted (no little ears to worry about), rolled up my sleeves and began cleaning everything. Again, this was very enjoyable when I didn't have to feel like I needed to rush, or have to clean around others. Dishes are washed, dried and put away. Laundry is folded and put away. Beds have been stripped, washed, and remade. Floors have been swept and scrubbed and corners have been vacuumed and freed of cobwebs. It's a great feeling.

And...I still have over an hour before any kids come home! (Although I am looking forward to everyone getting home tonight. I kinda like this crew.)

While this seems new and exciting now, it will become normal and not so exciting, I am sure. This will be a weekly occurrence with both boys in school now and I still get one day during the week off.

1 comment:

bp said...

You need the time...enjoy it...you deserve it!